<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
             

          US death toll in Iraq passes 3,500

          (AP)
          Updated: 2007-06-08 09:00

          BAGHDAD - The four-year US military death toll in Iraq passed 3,500 after a soldier was reported killed in a roadside bombing in Baghdad. A British soldier was also shot to death Thursday in southern Iraq, as Western forces find themselves increasingly vulnerable under a new strategy to take the fight to the enemy.


          In this photo released by the US Air Force, Honor Guard members from the 407th Expeditionary Group in Ali Air Base, Iraq, perform a flag folding ceremony during a Fallen Airmen Ceremony in remembrance of Staff Sgt John Self at Ali Air Base on Monday May 28, 2007. [AP]
          The British ambassador to Iraq, meanwhile, signaled his government was ready to talk to those behind the abduction of five Britons in Baghdad last month. Iraqi officials have said they believe the Britons were taken by the Mahdi Army militia, which is largely loyal to the radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.

          In a rare televised interview, al-Sadr blamed the United States for Iraq's woes, often referring to it as "the occupier" and accusing it of being behind the sectarian violence, the growing schism between Iraq's majority Shiites and once-dominant Sunni Arabs and economic hardships.

          "We are now facing a brutal Western assault against Islam," he said, draped in his traditional black robe and turban. "This agenda must be countered with a cultural resistance," he said.

          The mounting US casualties, most by makeshift bombs placed in potholes on roads or in fields where troops conduct foot patrols, come as American troops work with Iraqi forces on the streets and in remote outposts as part of a joint crackdown on sectarian violence.

          A US soldier was killed and two others were wounded Wednesday when a roadside bomb exploded during combat operations in a southwestern section of Baghdad, the military said Thursday. At least 3,501 US service-members have been killed since the beginning of the war, according to an Associated Press count.

          They include at least 23 American deaths during the first six days of June - an average of almost four per day, a similar pace to that in May. American troops deaths reached 127 in May, making it the third-deadliest month since the war started in March 2003. The average is nearly double the roughly two a day killed in June 2006.

          A British soldier also was shot to death and three others were wounded Thursday while on patrol in southern Iraq, according to Britain's Ministry of Defense, pushing to at least 150 the number of deaths reported by the British military.

          Separately, the British ambassador to Iraq, Dominic Asquith, appealed to the kidnappers of five Britons to release them or open negotiations.

          The five - four security guards and a consultant - were abducted from the Iraqi Finance Ministry on May 29 by some 40 heavily armed men who then rode off with them in the direction of the sprawling Shiite district of Sadr City.

          Iraqi officials say the Mahdi Army may have grabbed the men in retaliation for the killing by British forces of the militia's commander in the southern city of Basra.

          "I ask those holding them to release them so they may return to their families," Asquith said. Then, in a clear offer to consider demands, he added, "We have people here in Iraq who are ready to listen to any person about this incident, or any person who may be holding these men and who may wish to communicate."

          The Mahdi Army, which fought US forces in 2004, has been blamed for many of the sectarian attacks in Iraq. The US accuses Iran of fueling the violence by providing weapons and training fighters.

          On Thursday, al-Sadr said he maintains "friendship and good relations" with Iran but rejects any interference by Tehran in Iraq's affairs.

          "I must maintain friendship and good relations with Iran but nothing else," he said.

          The anti-American cleric dodged a question about his disappearance from public view during which he was believed to have been in Iran.

          The interview on Iraqi state television was believed to be al-Sadr's first since he re-emerged in public nearly two weeks ago. The program, which aired Thursday, was taped Sunday at his office in the holy city of Najaf, according to his aides. Al-Sadr had dropped out of sight at the start of a US-Iraqi security crackdown in February.

          Despite the crackdown, bombings, shootings, mortar attacks and execution-style killings left at least 63 Iraqis dead nationwide Thursday. They included 32 unidentified men who were handcuffed, blindfolded and shot to death in Baghdad - the apparent victims of so-called sectarian death squads usually run by Shiite militias like the Mahdi Army.
          12  


          Top World News  
          Today's Top News  
          Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 4虎四虎永久在线精品免费| 熟妇人妻久久春色视频网| 欧美精品一产区二产区| 女女互揉吃奶揉到高潮视频| 亚洲国产韩国一区二区| 99久久精品费精品国产一区二| 福利一区二区在线视频| 国产成人美女AV| 综合色综合色综合色综合| 久久不卡精品| 国产人妻人伦精品婷婷 | 亚洲天堂av 在线| 久久无码中文字幕免费影院蜜桃 | 十八女人毛片a级毛片水真多| 国产精品免费重口又黄又粗| 亚洲日韩一区二区| 亚洲AV日韩AV激情亚洲| 国产精品亚洲片夜色在线| 无码专区视频精品老司机| 干中文字幕| 无码gogo大胆啪啪艺术| 久久先锋男人AV资源网站| 日本人又色又爽的视频| 国产色无码精品视频免费| 国产午夜精品福利免费看| 亚洲国产色一区二区三区| 麻豆一区二区三区久久| 精品人妻午夜福利一区二区 | 国产精品一区中文字幕| 婷婷五月深深久久精品| 国产黑色丝袜在线播放| 亚洲一区二区三区在线播放无码| 国产蜜臀av在线一区二区| av无码小缝喷白浆在线观看| 精品国产一区二区三区卡| 日韩在线视频线观看一区| 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天古典 | 日韩视频福利| 国产精品v片在线观看不卡| 五月天福利视频| 爱色精品视频一区二区|