<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
             

          US army too stretched if Iraq buildup lasts

          (AP)
          Updated: 2007-08-20 10:17

          "The demand for our forces exceeds the sustainable supply," the Army chief of staff, Gen. George Casey, said last week. "Right now we have in place deployment and mobilization policies that allow us to meet the current demands. If the demands don't go down over time, it will become increasingly difficult for us to provide the trained and ready forces" for other missions.

          Casey said he would not be comfortable extending troops beyond their 15-month deployments. But other military officials acknowledge privately that option is on the table.

          Pentagon leaders hope there is enough progress in Iraq to allow them to scale back at least part of the nearly 30,000-strong buildup when soldiers begin leaving Iraq around March and April.

          There are 162,000 US troops in Iraq now, the highest level since the war began in 2003. That figure is expected to hit 171,000 this fall as fresh troops rotate in.

          Gen. David Petraeus, the top commander in Iraq who will deliver a much anticipated progress report to Congress in September, said Wednesday he is considering possible troop cuts and believes the US will have fewer forces in Iraq by next summer.

          Other commanders have said the security situation is improving, which would allow US troops to be shifted from combat and lead to an eventual force reduction.

          Still, Petraeus and other military leaders have warned against drawing down too quickly. In fact, an upbeat progress report in September may solidify arguments that additional troops should stay longer to ensure that positive changes stick.

          "The longer that you keep American forces there, the longer you give this process to solidify and to make sure that it's not going to slide back," said Frederick Kagan, an American Enterprise Institute analyst who recently returned from an eight-day visit to Iraq. "The sooner you take them out, the more you run the risk that enemies will come in and try to disrupt."

          Kagan, a leading supporter of the current buildup strategy, said any decision to maintain force levels would have to take into account the effects on the Army. That would include, he said, the strains of sending Guard units back to Iraq more rapidly than Pentagon policy allows or keeping active duty units there longer than 15 months.

                1   2   3     


          Top World News  
          Today's Top News  
          Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品久久高清| 亚洲国产韩国欧美在线| 亚洲欧美综合精品成人导航 | 九九久久人妻一区精品色| 日韩av中文字幕有码| 亚洲精品成人福利在线电影| 亚洲熟妇中文字幕五十路| 日韩精品一区二区三区中文| 国产一区,二区,三区免费视频| 亚洲综合久久国产一区二区| 久久久国产成人一区二区| 亚洲精品成人久久av| 中文字幕在线看视频一区二区三区| 亚洲老熟女@tubeumtv| 国产99视频精品免费专区| 亚洲综合久久成人av| 成人精品一区二区三区四| 亚洲av无码牛牛影视在线二区| 国精品无码一区二区三区在线看| 最新亚洲人成网站在线影院| 国产精品成人网址在线观看| 国产另类ts人妖一区二区| 日产国产一区二区不卡| 国产视频一区二区三区视频 | 日本亚洲欧美高清专区vr专区 | 亚洲男人在线天堂| 国产精品白浆无码流出| 欧美奶涨边摸边做爰视频| 国产一区二区三区免费观看| 亚洲成av人片一区二区| 色窝窝免费一区二区三区| 成人三级视频在线观看不卡| 亚洲色欲天天天堂色欲网| 九九在线精品国产| 亚洲伊人五月丁香激情| 亚洲精品日韩精品久久| 欧美国产综合视频| 亚洲美免无码中文字幕在线| 精品综合—国产精品综合高清| 亚洲国产免费图区在线视频| 久99视频|