<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
             

          US military looks to reduce role in Iraq

          (AP)
          Updated: 2007-08-21 10:35

          In a joint statement Monday, Sens. John Warner, R-Va., and Carl Levin, D-Mich., said that while the military buildup has "produced some credible and positive results," the political outlook is darker. The senators said that during their visit to Iraq last week they told Iraqi leaders of American impatience with the lack of political progress, and "impressed upon them that time has run out in that regard."

          In a separate telephone interview with reporters, Levin urged the Iraqi assembly to oust Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and replace his government with one that is less sectarian and more unifying.

          Speaking to reporters in Washington by phone from Tel Aviv, Levin acknowledged that while there is broad frustration with the lack of action by the al-Maliki government, US officials cannot dictate a change in leadership there. He said he and Warner did not meet with al-Maliki when they were in Iraq this time.

          In response to Levin's remarks about dumping al-Maliki, Gordon Johndroe, spokesman for the National Security Council, noted that Iraqi leaders have been holding talks in recent days on ways to move toward a unified government.

          Under pressure even from members of his own party to change direction in Iraq, Bush is expected to decide his next steps after hearing in September from Gen. David Petraeus, the top commander in Iraq, and US Ambassador Ryan Crocker, on what the US troop buildup has accomplished.

          Petraeus and Crocker are likely to present their views to Congress on September 11 or 12, said Johndroe, the National Security Council spokesman. Johndroe said White House officials are consulting with congressional leaders this week on setting a date for the testimony.

          Bush also will receive advice and recommendations from Defense Secretary Robert Gates as well as the Joint Chiefs and Adm. William Fallon, the top commander for American forces in the Middle East.

          Petraeus and other senior commanders have said in recent weeks that the US troop buildup will end in 2008, but Petraeus has not yet recommended a follow-on strategy to Bush. Much depends on judgments about how soon Iraqi security forces will be ready to assume a bigger role, as well as the likelihood of political progress.

          Speaking on Monday to a Veterans of Foreign Wars convention in Kansas City, Mo., Petraeus said Americans should not underestimate the efforts of the Iraqi army and police.

          In some areas, partnerships between US forces and Iraqi soldiers are "quite robust," Petraeus said. He noted that Iraqi losses have been three times as high as those suffered by the US-led coalition.

          "There should be no question that Iraqi soldiers and police are dying for their country," Petraeus said.

           

                1   2     


          Top World News  
          Today's Top News  
          Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 五月天国产成人av免费观看| 成在线人视频免费视频| 少妇粗大进出白浆嘿嘿视频| 日韩一卡2卡3卡4卡新区亚洲| 国产精品自拍视频第一页| 依依成人精品视频在线观看| 少妇无套内射中出视频| 2021久久最新国产精品| 一区二区三区四区黄色片| 人妻少妇久久久久久97人妻| 国产成人精品一区二区三区免费| 亚洲qingse中文字幕久久| 久久精品成人免费看| 夜夜爱夜鲁夜鲁很鲁| 亚洲av理论在线电影网| 亚洲精品免费一二三区| 疯狂的欧美乱大交另类| 久热这里只有精品蜜臀av| 欧美成人精品三级网站视频| 99精品日本二区留学生| 日韩AV片无码一区二区不卡| 女人高潮抽搐喷液30分钟视频| 国产高清自产拍av在线| china13末成年videos野外| 久久精品无码免费不卡| 男人资源最新资源网站| 国产精品一二三入口播放| 日本女优中文字幕在线一区| AV无码不卡一区二区三区| 狠狠亚洲色一日本高清色| 欧美国产精品拍自| 国产久免费热视频在线观看| 一道本AV免费不卡播放| 久久综合色一综合色88欧美| 少妇激情av一区二区三区| 成人福利一区二区视频在线| 中文字幕一区日韩精品| 午夜成人精品福利网站在线观看 | 国产精品普通话国语对白露脸| 99久久精品6在线播放| 亚洲av永久无码精品网站|