<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Middle East
          Israel pounds Gaza for second day, 298 killed
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2008-12-29 08:58

          GAZA -- Israel pounded Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip from the air on Sunday and prepared for a possible invasion after killing at least 298 Palestinians in two days of attacks.

          Israel said the campaign that began on Saturday was a response to almost daily rocket and mortar fire that intensified after Hamas, the Islamist group in charge of the enclave that Israel quit in 2005, ended a six-month ceasefire a week ago.


          The sun sets behind an Israeli tank near Kibbutz Mefalsim, just outside the northern Gaza Strip December 28, 2008. Israel destroyed Hamas's main Gaza security complex in an air strike on Sunday and prepared for a possible invasion of the territory after killing at least 298 Palestinians in the opening rounds of a powerful offensive. [Agencies]

          Israel stepped up air strikes after dark on Sunday, destroying a laboratory building at the Islamic University in Gaza, a significant cultural symbol, Hamas said. Israel has accused Hamas of using the facilities to develop explosives.

          During the first two days of the assault, militants fired about 150 rockets and mortars at Israel, the army said, less than had been expected. Two rockets struck near the port of Ashdod, 30 km (18 miles) from Gaza, causing no casualties.

          The attacks enraged Arabs across the Middle East, where protesters burned Israeli and US flags to press for a stronger response from their leaders to Israel's attack on Gaza.

          Israeli tanks deployed on the edge of the Gaza Strip, poised to enter the densely populated enclave of 1.5 million Palestinians. Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's cabinet approved a call-up of 6,500 reservists, a government official said.

          Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak told top commanders at a briefing on Sunday that the Israeli offensive was open-ended. Military spokesman Avi Benayahu said it could "take many days."

          Related readings:
          Israel strikes Gaza in 2nd day of attacks
          Thousands protest Israel
          Missile from Gaza deepest strike yet in Israel
          Defence Minister: Israel 'cannot accept' ceasefire with Hamas

          Mark Regev, a spokesman for Olmert, said the campaign would continue until the population in southern Israel "will no longer live in terror and in fear of constant rocket barrages".

          Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, who hopes to become prime minister after a February 10 election, appeared to rule out a large-scale invasion to recapture the territory.

          "Our goal is not to reoccupy Gaza Strip," she said on NBC's "Meet the Press" programme. Asked on Fox News if Israel was out to topple Gaza's Hamas rulers, Livni replied: "Not now."

          The UN Security Council called on all sides to cease fire. But an Israeli official said Israel was feeling little international pressure to halt its operations.

          Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum urged Palestinian groups to use "all available means, including martyrdom operations" -- a reference to suicide bombings in Israel.

          Keeping pressure on Hamas after bombing runs that turned Saturday into one of the bloodiest days for Palestinians in 60 years of conflict, Israeli aircraft flattened the group's main security compound in Gaza, killing at least four security men.

          Israel expanded its air campaign to the southern Gaza Strip, bombing some 40 smuggling tunnels running under the border with Egypt, a network that is a lifeline to the outside world.

          Dozens of Gazans crossed into Egypt through holes opened in the border wall by bulldozers and explosives. An Egyptian border guard and a Palestinian youth died in a clash as Egyptian police tried to stop the influx, medics and Egyptian security said.

          Egypt later warned Gaza residents to steer clear of the border area as Israel planned to bomb more tunnels there, a Palestinian security source said. Israel says militants use border tunnels to smuggle weapons into Gaza.

          "SHOCK AND AWE"


          Protesters burn an Israeli flag during a demonstration against Israel's attacks on Gaza, in Kuwait City December 28, 2008. [Agencies]

          Palestinian health officials said the deaths raised to 298 the number of Palestinians killed since Saturday, when Israel launched what one Israeli newspaper columnist described as "shock and awe" air strikes against Hamas facilities.

          Hamas said 180 of its members were killed and the rest included civilians, among them 16 women and some children.

          The international Red Cross said that hospitals in the Gaza Strip were overwhelmed and unable to cope with the casualties.

          One Israeli was killed on Saturday by a rocket fired from Gaza. Gazan rockets have caused few Israeli casualties but have damaged property and sparked panic in many border towns.

          Benayahu, the army spokesman, said Hamas had not yet responded as strongly as expected, possibly because it was "trying to recover from the blows," but that "it is too soon to eulogise" it.

          Livni said Israel was trying to "target only terrorists and Hamas headquarters." "But, unfortunately, in a war ... sometimes also civilians pay the price".

          Violence spread to the occupied West Bank, where Israeli soldiers opened fire at stone-throwing Palestinian protesters. Palestinian medical officials said two Palestinians were killed.

          Palestinian forces loyal to President Mahmoud Abbas of Fatah shot and wounded three people in a protest in support of Hamas. Arab citizens of Israel also held protests.

          In Damascus, a senior official said Syria has suspended indirect peace talks with Israel in response to the attacks.

          Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, leader of Lebanese Hezbollah guerrillas who fought a 2006 war with Israel, said he asked fighters to be on standby for a possible Israeli attack.

          Parents in Gaza kept their children home from school as the roar of Israeli aircraft and thunder of explosions echoed. Schools in Israel's south, due to reopen on Tuesday after the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah, were ordered to stay shut.

          Abbas, speaking in Cairo, accused Hamas, which seized the Gaza Strip from Fatah in 2007, of triggering Israel's raids by not extending the ceasefire that Egypt brokered in June.

          US President George W. Bush's administration, in its final weeks in office, put the onus on Hamas to prevent more violence.

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 极品教师在线观看免费完整版| 国精产品一区一区三区有限| 国产第一页浮力影院入口| 亚洲 制服 丝袜 无码| 免费看婬乱a欧美大片| 又大又黄又粗高潮免费| 精品国产自在在线午夜精品| 国产一区日韩二区欧美三区| 伊人久久大香线蕉AV色婷婷色 | 国语精品自产拍在线观看网站| 午夜三级成人在线观看| 日韩精品中文女同在线播放| 中文成人无字幕乱码精品区| 国产亚洲精品久久综合阿香| 乱人伦中文视频在线| 夜色福利站WWW国产在线视频| 国产在线观看免费人成视频| 国产精品美女黄色av| 97欧美精品系列一区二区| www.狠狠| 国产精品久久国产精麻豆99网站| 亚洲色成人WWW永久在线观看| 开心五月深深爱天天天操| 99国产超薄丝袜足j在线播放| 久热久精久品这里在线观看| 国产一区国产精品自拍| 国产精品国产三级国产专| 中文字幕无码免费久久9一区9| 亚洲精品成人一二三专区| 国产69精品久久久久久妇女迅雷| 日本另类αv欧美另类aⅴ| 国产成人AV一区二区三区在线| 婷婷无套内射影院| 国产啪视频免费观看视频| 五月天综合社区| 精品久久人人做爽综合| 免费无码又爽又刺激激情视频| 亚洲av成人无码精品电影在线| jαpαnesehd熟女熟妇伦| 中文字幕av国产精品| 亚洲精品二区在线播放|