<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Middle East
          Hamas says it's back in control of the Gaza Strip
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-01-24 12:00

          GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – Bearded Hamas leaders on Friday delivered an envelope with five crisp $100 bills to a veiled woman whose house was damaged during Israel's invasion of Gaza, the first of promised relief payments by the militant group.


          A Palestinian boy carries a bag of goods salvaged from destroyed houses in an area of east Jebaliya devastated in the Israeli military operation, January 23, 2009. Gaza residents headed for Friday communal prayers and Israeli naval guns were largely silent as grief and shock began to mix with a palpable sense of relief in the coastal strip pounded by weeks of Israeli airstrikes and ground assaults. [Agencies]

          In another part of the territory, a bulldozer cleared rubble and filled in a bomb crater where a week before a top Hamas leader had been killed in an Israeli air strike.

          Since a truce took hold this week, ending Israel's three-week onslaught, Gaza's Hamas rulers have declared victory and gone out of their way to show they are in control.

          They have pledged $52 million of the group's funds to help repair lives, the money divvied up by category. The veiled woman received compensation for her two-story home in the northern town of Beit Lahiya.

          Hamas said the emergency relief would include $1,300 for a death in the family, $650 for an injury, $5,200 for a destroyed house and $2,600 for a damaged house.

          More than 4,000 houses were destroyed and about 20,000 damaged, according to independent estimates.

          "We are in control and we are the winner," Hamas legislator Mushir al-Masri declared this week, after attending the funeral of four Hamas gunmen.

          But Israeli strikes destroyed all of Hamas' security compounds and most government buildings. Its top two leaders, strongman Mahmoud Zahar and Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, have not yet appeared in public.

          Israel claims to have killed more than 700 Hamas fighters, while the militants say they lost about 280 armed men, the vast majority members of the police force killed in surprise bombings on the first day of the war.

          But beyond the losses, Hamas is wrestling with a fateful choice, whether to keep fighting and drive Gaza deeper into poverty and suffering or moderate in exchange for open borders and a measure of stability.

          Gaza had buckled under a tight border closure by Israel and Egypt for 19 months, suffering increasing shortages, and the war only heightened the misery.

          On Thursday, hundreds lined up with blue gas canisters along the main north-south road, near the town of Deir el-Balah, after word spread that cooking gas was being distributed.

          Hamad Abu Shamla, 24, waited for seven hours, only to leave empty-handed. The unemployed carpenter, who lost his job to the blockade, said he last had cooking gas five months ago, and that he, his wife and four children have mostly been living on canned food and bread since then.

          He said he had already promised his family a steaming plate of couscous for lunch, and was sad to return home and disappoint them.

          "We build our hopes on God," he said, when asked about his future. "We don't know what to do. We are empty-handed ... and we don't know what to do."

          Hamas would need huge sums to fund reconstruction, some $2 billion according to first estimates, but the international community for now refuses to funnel the money directly to the militants.

          Yet Hamas has rebuffed proposals that it set up a unity government with its moderate West Bank rivals, led by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. It is also cool to demands that Abbas' troops or foreign border monitors be deployed to prevent weapons smuggling into Gaza.

          Israel and Egypt, which have kept Gaza's borders closed since Hamas seized the territory by force in June 2007, say they won't open the gates unless Hamas relents.

          Before the war, Hamas was able to soften the pain of the blockade because weapons, cash and commercial goods were coming in through hundreds of tunnels under the Gaza-Egypt border. Israel says the shipments included explosives and rockets Hamas has been firing at southern Israel.

          Israel bombed many tunnels during the war, though reporters have seen smugglers resume operating in some and rebuild others.

          For now, most Gazans seem to rally behind Hamas, united in their anger at Israel, though there are some murmurs of discontent.

          "Hamas fought the Israelis. No one else did," said Samir Summad, 66, whose four-story house was damaged during an air strike last week that killed Said Siam, a top Hamas leader.

          At the time, Siam was in the house next door, and the massive bomb flattened the building and dug a deep crater into the sandy ground. On Friday, new cinderblocks were already stacked at the scene and a bulldozer pushed aside the remaining rubble.

          Summad would not say whether he resented Siam for putting the neighborhood at risk. Siam was visiting a brother at the time of the strike. "If I had known he was there, I would have run away," said Summad, adding that five of his family members were wounded in the attack.

          Summad said a government inspector came to his house to assess damage, including blown-out windows.

          Hamas officials say the need open borders to rebuild Gaza. Yet they are evasive about how they hope to lift the blockade without easing their demands.

          Hamas officials scoff at the idea of giving a foothold to Abbas, who has been increasingly sidelined, in part because he was perceived by many people as too soft on Israel during the war.

          "We have a legitimate government in Gaza that came through democratic choice," said a Hamas spokesman, Fawzi Barhoum, referring to Hamas crushing victory over Abbas' Fatah movement in 2006 parliament elections.

          Yet Hamas is taking a risk by sticking to a hard line that will likely keep Gaza's borders closed. Popular support could erode quickly, since most Gazans have no more reserves to withstand a continued closure.

          Even before the war, the vast majority of Gaza's 1.4 million people were poor. The blockade wiped out tens of thousands of job, most factories closed for lack of raw materials and water, power and sewage systems became increasingly erratic.

          Shehadeh Shehadeh, 39, a Gaza City pastry chef who learned his trade in Israel a decade ago, said he voted for Hamas in 2006 but said he believes the group must become more pragmatic.

          He sold his last black forest cake a month ago and can't bake anymore because he's run out of ingredients available only in Israel. The windows of his apartment were blown out during the war, in an airstrike on the nearby Hamas government complex.

          Shehadeh, like many Gazans, would like to see Hamas and Fatah reconcile and wants open borders. "I want to stop and breathe for a bit, and live," he said. "Until when will we keep saying, we want resistance and we want war?"

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产偷国产偷亚洲清高| 精品亚洲AⅤ无码午夜在线| 噜噜久久噜噜久久鬼88| 久久久精品2019中文字幕之3| 久久久久久久久久久久中文字幕| 国产精品乱码久久久久久小说| 亚洲综合视频一区二区三区| 亚洲精品一区二区麻豆| 热久久99精品这里有精品| 亚洲欧美综合中文| 成在人线a免费观看影院| 亚洲一区二区三区人妻天堂 | 久久综合激情网| 无码aⅴ精品一区二区三区 | 午夜精品福利亚洲国产| 亚洲精品白浆高清久久| 少妇高潮喷水惨叫久久久久电影| 九色综合久99久久精品| 高清中文字幕一区二区| 男女扒开双腿猛进入爽爽免费看 | 亚洲AV无码片一区二区三区| 国产成年无码久久久免费| 亚洲欧美电影在线一区二区| 亚洲性日韩一区二区三区| 国产成人一区二区三区免费| 亚洲激情一区二区三区视频 | 日韩精品无码专区免费播放| 亚洲精品久久一区二区三区四区| 亚洲国产成人午夜在线一区| 漂亮人妻中文字幕丝袜 | 无码国模国产在线观看免费| 久艾草在线精品视频在线观看| 国产精品一区二区三区四区| 国产一区二区三区怡红院| 人妻美女免费在线视频| 国产精品老熟女免费视频| 精品人妻日韩中文字幕| 国产av成人精品播放| 激情综合色区网激情五月| 熟女无套高潮内谢吼叫免费| 亚洲综合av一区二区三区|