<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Middle East
          Blasts kill 78 in Iraq's bloodiest day in a year
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-04-24 10:46

          BAGHDAD -- Suicide bomb blasts tore through crowds waiting for food aid in central Baghdad and inside a roadside restaurant filled with Iranian pilgrims Thursday, killing at least 78 people in Iraq's deadliest day in more than a year.

          The toll -- at least 31 dead in Baghdad and 47 to the north in Diyala province -- follows a series of high-profile attacks this month blamed on Sunni insurgents. The violence highlights potential security gaps as Iraqi forces increasingly take the lead role from US forces in protecting Baghdad and key areas around the capital. 

          Blasts kill 78 in Iraq's bloodiest day in a year
          Residents stand near the helmets of victims at the site of a suicide bombing in Baghdad April 23, 2009. [Agencies]

          The insurgent push is still nowhere near the scale of violence in past years, but it has undermined confidence that Iraq's security gains were on solid footing at a time when the US military is shifting its focus and resources to Afghanistan.

          Related readings:
          Blasts kill 78 in Iraq's bloodiest day in a year Suicide bomber kills 45 near Baghdad
          Blasts kill 78 in Iraq's bloodiest day in a year 6 years on, protest marks Baghdad fall
          Blasts kill 78 in Iraq's bloodiest day in a year US troops in Iraq bound for Afghanistan
          Blasts kill 78 in Iraq's bloodiest day in a year Suicide bomber kills 9 Sunni militiamen in Iraq

          Thursday's attacks happened as American soldiers who specialize in clearing bombs from roads boarded a plane from Iraq to the Taliban heartland in southern Afghanistan, part of the largest movement of personnel and equipment between the two war fronts.

          Iraqi authorities, meanwhile, say they have struck back at the heart of the insurgency: claiming they arrested one of the most wanted leaders of a militant network linked to al-Qaida.

          The reported capture of Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, the head of the Islamic State of Iraq, could mark a setback to insurgents as they try to intensify attacks after a relative lull.

          In the past, however, Iraqi officials have reported al-Baghdadi's arrest or killing, only to acknowledge later that they were wrong. The US military has even said al-Baghdadi could be a fictitious character used to give an Iraqi face to an organization dominated by foreign al-Qaida fighters.

          A US military could not confirm the arrest, said a spokesman, 1st Lt. John A. Brimley.

          In 2007, Iraq's government reported that al-Baghdadi had been killed and released photos of what it said was his body. Later, security officials said they had arrested al-Baghdadi. In both cases, the US military said at the time it could not be confirmed, and the reports turned out not to be true.

          The two attacks -- along with a suicide blast that killed three Sunnis who joined the anti-insurgent fight north of Baghdad -- made it the deadliest day in Iraq since March 8, 2008, when at least 110 people were killed.

          The two main blasts Thursday carried separate messages.

          The carnage in Baghdad showed insurgents were still capable of hitting the center of the capital. The devastated restaurant, to the north in Diyala province, was a reminder that the area remains an insurgent stronghold despite sustained offensives by US-led forces.

          Diyala -- with its good roads and proximity to Baghdad -- is considered a crucial gateway to the capital and a key to its security. US commanders, facing a planned end of combat operations in August 2010, have dedicated increasing firepower to the region to try to cripple insurgent networks.

          The Baghdad attacker hit about noon as police were distributing Iraqi Red Crescent food parcels in the central neighborhood of Karradah -- an area where many shops, restaurants and nightclubs have reopened in recent months as violence ebbed.

          Police officials and staff members at Ibn al-Nafis hospital said at least 31 people were killed, including eight police officers, and that at least 50 were wounded. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the death toll.

          It not immediately clear who carried out the attack, but one witness said it appeared to be a woman. Women have been used in suicide bombings in Iraq, most recently during a Feb. 13 attack on Shiite pilgrims.

             Previous page 1 2 Next Page  

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 婷婷久久香蕉五月综合加勒比 | 深夜免费av在线观看| 精品国产成人三级在线观看| 人人妻人人澡人人爽人人精品97| 欧洲性开放老太大| 国产精品 自在自线| 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合| 国产熟女一区二区三区四区| 日韩av一区二区三区在线| 香蕉久久国产AV一区二区| 亚洲欧洲一区二区福利片| 国产精品一区在线蜜臀| 99久久精品久久久久久婷婷| 少妇人妻偷人精品免费| 亚州av综合色区无码一区| 国产成人无码A区在线观看视频| 人人妻人人玩人人澡人人爽| 亚洲精品一品二品av| 亚洲精品麻豆一区二区| 国产AV无码专区亚洲AV| 国产精品午夜福利小视频| gogogo在线播放中国| 国产亚洲精品久久久久秋| 日韩黄色av一区二区三区| 色噜噜狠狠成人综合| 四虎永久精品免费视频| 国产精品爽爽va在线观看网站| 视频二区中文字幕在线| 久章草在线毛片视频播放| 国产精品av在线一区二区三区| 久久热99这里只有精品| 一区二区三区不卡国产| 久久精品66免费99精品| 国产精品中文字幕一二三| 色猫咪av在线观看| 精品久久蜜桃| 久久精品国产99精品亚洲| 亚洲全网成人资源在线观看| 中国少妇人妻xxxxx| 欧美黑人添添高潮a片www| 亚洲国产精品高清久久久|