<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Middle East
          Truck bomb kills more than 70 in northern Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-06-21 11:02

          BAGHDAD – A truck bomb exploded as worshippers left a Shiite mosque in northern Iraq on Saturday, killing more than 70 people and wounding nearly 200 in the deadliest bombing this year.

          Truck bomb kills more than 70 in northern Iraq
          The crater left behind by a truck bombing is seen near Kirkuk, 290 kilometers (180 miles) north of Baghdad, Iraq, Saturday, June 20, 2009. Brig. Gen. Sarhat Qader says Saturday's explosion occurred following noon prayers south of the disputed city. [Agencies] 
          Truck bomb kills more than 70 in northern Iraq

          The blast near Kirkuk, a city rife with ethnic tensions, came hours after the prime minister warned Iraqis to expect more violence as US troops withdraw from Iraqi cities by the end of this month, but he insisted the deadline will be met "no matter what happens."

          The Americans already have begun pulling back combat troops from inner-city outposts in Baghdad, Mosul and other urban areas ahead of the June 30 deadline set in a security pact that calls for a full US withdrawal from Iraq by 2012.

          Worshippers were leaving the mosque in Taza, 10 miles (20 kilometers) south of Kirkuk, following noon prayers when the truck exploded, demolishing the mosque and several mud-brick houses across the street, according to police and witnesses.

          Rescue teams searched into the night to find people buried under the rubble while women begged police to let them near the site so they could search for loved ones. The US military said it was providing generator lights and water at the site.

          Related readings:
          Truck bomb kills more than 70 in northern IraqIraq declares victory as US troops leave cities
          Truck bomb kills more than 70 in northern IraqBritain to hold independent inquiry into Iraq war
          Truck bomb kills more than 70 in northern IraqUS hands over bases to Iraq
          Truck bomb kills more than 70 in northern IraqUS said ready to be in Iraq 10 years
          Truck bomb kills more than 70 in northern Iraq
          Soldier gets life for Iraq slayings

          Ambulances rushed victims to the overwhelmed hospital in Kirkuk and some victims had to be taken to nearby cities. Three babies cried as they were placed on a single hospital bed to be treated.

          The death toll rose to at least 72 as more bodies were found beneath the debris, according to police and hospital officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to release the information.

          Brig. Gen. Sarhat Qadir of the Kirkuk police force said earlier that at least 63 people were killed and 170 were wounded, but he expected the number to rise.

          Witnesses said the truck was parked across the street from the mosque and they assumed the driver was praying, although Kirkuk's police chief, Maj. Gen. Jamal Tahir, said investigators were looking into the possibility it was a suicide bombing.

          "The truck was parked near our house; therefore most of the victims were found beneath the debris of the houses, mostly women and children," said Ehsan Mushir Shukur, whose sister was seriously wounded and taken to the Kurdish city of Sulaimaniyah.

          He said his wife was also wounded while his sister's young son and daughter were killed.

          Yellman Zain-Abideen, who was wounded by shrapnel in his hand and face, cried for his missing son who had been leaving the mosque with him when the blast occurred.

          He blamed local authorities for not providing sufficient security in the mainly Turkomen area, which is surrounded by Sunni villages.

          "There should have been guards around the mosque, we are living in an area surrounded by enemies," he said.

          AP Television News footage later showed men using pickaxes and shovels to dig dozens of graves in the cemetery behind the mosque to bury the victims.

          Many of the town's residents had fled to neighboring Iran under Saddam Hussein's Sunni-dominated regime but returned following the 2003 US-led invasion. The area is a stronghold of supporters of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's Shiite Dawa party as well as the powerful Shiite Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council.

          Nobody claimed responsibility for the attack, but it bore the hallmark of al-Qaida in Iraq or other Sunni insurgents who remain active in northern Iraq despite security gains.

          Tensions have risen in the oil-rich area as Kurds seek to incorporate Kirkuk into their semiautonomous region despite opposition from Arabs, Turkomen and other rival ethnic groups.

          Officials also have warned that insurgents are likely to stage more attacks after the withdrawal deadline to try to undermine confidence in the government's ability to protect its people.

          The death toll in Saturday's explosion near Kirkuk surpassed an April 24 double female suicide bombing near a Shiite shrine in Baghdad that killed 71 people.

          A suicide car bomber also struck an Iraqi police patrol Saturday in Karmah, a former insurgent stronghold west of Baghdad, killing the three officers, police said.

          Al-Maliki urged Iraqis to maintain support for government forces, calling the first phase of the US withdrawal plans a "great victory."

          "Don't worry if some security breach occurs here or there," he said in an address earlier Saturday to members of the ethnic Turkomen community in Baghdad. "They are trying to destabilize the situation, but we will confront them."

          US troops, meanwhile, pressed ahead with their withdrawal plans.

          On Saturday, American commanders turned over control of a key base on the edge of Baghdad's main Shiite district of Sadr City. The sprawling slum was a militia stronghold that saw fierce clashes until a cease-fire following a US-backed government crackdown.

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产很色很黄很大爽的视频| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜躁2020 | 伊人久久久av老熟妇色| 亚洲色av天天天天天天| 国产亚洲999精品AA片在线爽| 久久综合九色综合欧洲98| 国内精品极品久久免费看| 国产人妻无码一区二区三区18| 国产高清看片日韩欧美久久| 少妇高潮喷水正在播放| 亚洲一区中文字幕在线| 国产不卡一区二区三区视频| 国产熟睡乱子伦视频在线播放| 国产AV巨作丝袜秘书| 国产精品自在拍首页视频| 国产午夜福利视频第三区| 福利一区二区在线播放| 欧美视频在线观看第一页| 日韩精品一区二区三区激| 麻花传媒剧在线mv免费观看网址| 国产精品黄色片| 中文字幕一区二区网站| 裸体女人亚洲精品一区| 日本一区二区三区免费播放视频站| 国产乱人伦AV在线A| 国产精品女同性一区二区| 国产婷婷综合在线视频中文| 女人香蕉久久毛毛片精品| 十九岁的日本电影免费观看| 亚洲第一福利网站在线观看| 国产精品一区高清在线观看| 中文字幕av熟女人妻| 无码毛片一区二区本码视频 | 激情欧美精品一区二区| 国产伦码精品一区二区| 国产无套中出学生姝| 一区二区三区精品偷拍| 爱如潮水在线观看视频| 国产在线精品中文字幕| 日本中文字幕不卡在线一区二区| 又大又硬又爽免费视频|