<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Europe
          Britain suffers 200th Afghanistan death
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-08-16 09:56

          Britain suffers 200th Afghanistan death
          Soldiers carry the transfer case containing the remains of Marine Sgt. William J. Cahir of Washington, D.C., at Dover Air Force Base in Dover, Del., Saturday, August 15, 2009. According to the Department of Defense, Cahir was killed August 13, 2009 in the Helmand province of Afghanistan. [Agencies]

          LONDON: A British soldier wounded in an explosion in Afghanistan died Saturday, the defense ministry said, bringing the country's military death toll there to 200.

          Prime Minister Gordon Brown called the grim milestone "deeply tragic news." It is sure to raise more questions about Britain's increasingly perilous mission in Afghanistan.

          The Ministry of Defense said the soldier from 2nd Battalion the Royal Welsh died Saturday at a military hospital in England.

          Related readings:
          Britain suffers 200th Afghanistan death UK public sees Afghan war as unwinnable: Poll
          Britain suffers 200th Afghanistan death UK to change tactics in Afghanistan
          Britain suffers 200th Afghanistan death UN: Afghan civilian deaths up 24 percent
          Britain suffers 200th Afghanistan death Troops killed in deadliest month of Afghan war

          Britain suffers 200th Afghanistan death 3 British soldiers killed in Afghanistan

          He had been wounded in a blast while on vehicle patrol Thursday in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan. Three other British troops were killed by roadside bombs in a separate incident in Afghanistan the same day.

          Britain has about 9,000 troops in Afghanistan, most based in Helmand, a center of Taliban insurgents.

          The British military suffered 22 fatalities in July, its bloodiest month since the invasion of Afghanistan in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Nine British troops have been killed so far this month.

          The rising toll - more than the 179 personnel who died in Iraq - has reignited a debate in Britain about its role in the war and the quality of its military equipment. The Afghan campaign has long been divisive, with polls showing Britons about evenly split between supporters and opponents of the mission.

          Graham Knight, whose son Ben was killed when a Royal Air Force Nimrod plane exploded over Afghanistan in 2006, said it was "time for an end to military action" in Afghanistan.

          "We are ill-equipped and ill-advised," he said. "We should be getting the non-militant Taliban around the table and begin talks so we can embark on a withdrawal."

          The prime minister said the mission to defeat the Taliban was essential to British security because "three-quarters of terrorist plots against Britain come from the border areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan."

          Britain suffers 200th Afghanistan death
          Transfer vehicle guide, US Air Force Airman Mercedes McCoy-Garrett, prepares to close the doors of the vehicle after the transfer case containing the remains of Marine Sgt. William J. Cahir, of Washington, D.C., was loaded at Dover Air Force Base in Dover, Del., Saturday, August 15, 2009. [Agencies]

          "British troops are fighting bravely there to protect us," Brown said. "The best way to honor the memory of those who have died is to see that commitment through."

          Defense Secretary Bob Ainsworth said it was a "grim day" but that Britain must stay focused on its mission in Afghanistan.

          "This is a difficult time but we must all take solace from the fact that, although sometimes slow, we have been making good progress in Afghanistan," Ainsworth said. "We must all stay focused on the mission, on why it matters and what is at stake."

          Afghans are due to vote Thursday in presidential elections, seen by the international community as a key marker of the country's progress towards becoming a stable democracy.

          Militants have staged a series of attacks in the run-up to the vote, including a suicide car bombing Saturday near NATO headquarters in Kabul that killed seven people and wounded nearly 100.

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 婷婷99视频精品全部在线观看| 极品人妻少妇一区二区三区| 色偷偷亚洲av男人的天堂| 国产影片AV级毛片特别刺激| 亚洲av无码一区二区三区人| 91高清免费国产自产拍| 国产午夜福利精品视频| 久久99精品九九九久久婷婷| 亚洲精品第一在线观看视频 | 国产精品分类视频分类一区| 苍井空毛片精品久久久| 国产亚洲sss在线观看| 久久精品无码免费不卡| 精品偷拍一区二区视频| 国产极品粉嫩尤物一线天| 久久婷婷国产精品香蕉| 亚洲综合精品一区二区三区| 中国产无码一区二区三区| 国产精品美女黄色av| 国内少妇偷人精品免费| 亚洲欧美乱综合图片区小说区 | 久久99精品久久久久久青青| 国产精品香蕉在线观看不卡| 少妇高潮喷水惨叫久久久久电影| 国产成人亚洲综合图区| 日韩精品成人无码专区免费| 欧美成人精品三级在线观看| 欧美日韩精品免费一区二区三区| 国产专区精品三级免费看| 自拍视频在线观看成人| 亚洲av色在线播放一区| 日日碰狠狠添天天爽超碰97| 久久婷婷大香萑太香蕉AV人| 丰满的女邻居2| 亚洲一区二区三区在线| 少妇愉情理伦片高潮日本| 电影在线观看+伦理片| 插插无码视频大全不卡网站| 中国明星xxxx性裸交| 久久人人97超碰精品| 高清欧美精品一区二区三区|