<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Europe
          Scotland lawmakers to meet on Lockerbie release
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-08-24 22:53

          EDINBURGH: Scottish legislators held an emergency debate Monday on the government's decision to release the Lockerbie bomber as critics claimed the act could severely damage relations with the United States.

          Scotland lawmakers to meet on Lockerbie release
          In this photo taken Thursday, Aug. 20, 2009, Libyan Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, who was found guilty of the 1988 Lockerbie bombing, gestures on his arrival at an airport in Tripoli, Libya. [Agencies]
          Scotland lawmakers to meet on Lockerbie release

          The government of First Minister Alex Salmond has faced unrelenting criticism from both the US government and the families of American bombing victims for freeing bomer Abdel Baset al-Megrahi.

          Lawmakers want to question Salmond's minority government about the decision, with some demanding that Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill resign.

          Al-Megrahi — the only man convicted of killing 270 people in the 1988 airline bombing — was released last week on compassionate grounds because he is terminally ill with prostate cancer. He returned to a warm welcome Thursday night in his native Libya.

          In a strongly worded letter to the Scottish government, FBI director Robert Mueller said al-Megrahi's release gave comfort to terrorists, while Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, said releasing the bomber was "obviously a political decision."

          Opening the debate in the Scottish parliament, MacAskill acknowledged Monday that the release was "a global issue" but stressed that the decision to free al-Megrahi had been his alone.

          MacAskill has said earlier that he followed all the correct procedures under Scottish law and was not influenced by political considerations.

          Some Scottish lawmakers want to distance themselves from the decision by Scotland's nationalist administration, which advocates full independence from Britain.

          Related readings:
          Scotland lawmakers to meet on Lockerbie release Scottish leader defends Lockerbie bomber release
          Scotland lawmakers to meet on Lockerbie release Britain rejects talk of deal in Lockerbie release
          Scotland lawmakers to meet on Lockerbie release Britain under pressure amid Lockerbie release
          Scotland lawmakers to meet on Lockerbie release Libya's Gaddafi meets Lockerbie bomber: TV footage

          Scotland lawmakers to meet on Lockerbie release Lockerbie bomber release stirs diplomatic row

          "Today is about showing the world that Kenny MacAskill did not speak for Scotland in making this decision," said Richard Baker, the Labour Party's Scottish justice spokesman.

          However, former Scottish First Minister Henry McLeish slammed Mueller's criticism as "wholly wrong" and said the FBI chief should keep his thoughts to himself.

          "The Americans have a right to make their views known, but I think it was wholly wrong for the director of the FBI to speak in such striking terms, which were personal, and which made a direct attack on the Scottish criminal justice system," said McLeish, who served as Scottish leader from 2000 until his resignation in 2001.

          McLeish also disputed the notion that the Lockerbie bomber's release would poison relations with the United States. Web sites have been set up in the US calling for a boycott of Scottish goods and visits to the country.

          "I don't buy for a minute the idea that this is going to destroy our special relationship with the US, nor will it destroy trade between Britain and America," McLeish told the BBC.

          As for a boycott, "it would bother me if I thought it was going to happen," he said, dismissing the idea as the brainchild of "certain newscasters and shock jocks."

          On Sunday, Salmond said it was wrong to assume that all those affected by the bombing were opposed to al-Megrahi's release.

          "I understand the huge and strongly held views of the American families, but that's not all the families who were affected by Lockerbie," Salmond told the BBC. "A number of the families, particularly in the U.K., take a different view and think that we made the right decision."

             Previous page 1 2 Next Page  

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲伦理一区二区| 理论片午午伦夜理片影院99| 久久综合偷拍视频五月天| 国产一区二区三区四区激情| 东京热一精品无码av| 日韩精品 在线 国产 丝袜| 公与淑婷厨房猛烈进出视频免费| 欧美精品亚洲精品日韩精品| 国产不卡在线一区二区| 国产精成人品日日拍夜夜免费| 国产情精品嫩草影院88av| 高级艳妇交换俱乐部小说| 国产AⅤ天堂亚洲国产AV| 日韩亚av无码一区二区三区| 无码福利写真片视频在线播放 | 国产精品久久久久久久网| 亚洲人妻精品中文字幕| 午夜DY888国产精品影院| 国产一区二区精品福利| 精品视频一区二区三区不卡| 国产va免费精品观看精品| 久久一日本综合色鬼综合色| 国产黄色三级三级看三级| 精品一精品国产一级毛片| 成人午夜看黄在线尤物成人| 国产福利一区二区三区在线观看| 国产一区二区波多野结衣| 久久精品中文字幕极品| 中国女人熟毛茸茸A毛片| 免费无码又爽又黄又刺激网站| 激情在线一区二区三区视频| 国内熟妇人妻色在线视频| 精品一区二区三区蜜桃麻豆| 四虎库影成人在线播放| 精品一区二区三区蜜桃久| 国产亚洲视频免费播放| 人妻无码中文字幕| 青青热在线精品视频免费观看| 女同AV在线播放| 精品国产一区二区三区2021| 国产私拍大尺度在线视频|