<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Middle East

          Five die in Christian-Muslim clashes in Egypt

          Agencies | Updated: 2013-04-07 09:46

          Five die in Christian-Muslim clashes in Egypt

          A Muslim man gestures towards a drawing, which he said was painted on the Azhari Institute, after clashes between Muslims and Christians in Khusus, El-Kalubia governorate, about 25 km (16 miles) northeast of Cairo, April 6, 2013. Five Egyptians were killed and eight wounded in clashes between Christians and Muslims in the town near Cairo, security sources said on Saturday, in the latest sectarian violence in the most populous Arab state. The violence broke out late on Friday when a group of Christian children were drawing on a wall of the Muslim religious institute, the security sources said. No more details were immediately available.[Photo/Agencies]

          EL KHUSUS, Egypt - Five Egyptians were killed and eight wounded in clashes between Christians and Muslims in a town near Cairo, security sources said on Saturday, in some of the worst sectarian violence in Egypt for months.

          Christian-Muslim confrontations have increased in Muslim-majority Egypt since the overthrow of former president Hosni Mubarak in 2011 gave freer rein to hardline Islamists repressed under his rule.

          Four Christian Copts and one Muslim were killed when members of both communities started fighting and shooting at each other in El Khusus north of the Egyptian capital, the sources said. State news agency MENA put the death toll at four.

          An angry crowd smashed shops belonging to Christians, residents said. A Reuters reporter saw a burned-out Coptic day care center and several damaged shops belonging to Christian traders. An apartment inhabited by Muslims was also burned.

          Residents said the violence broke out on Friday when a group of Christian children were drawing on a wall of a Muslim religious institute.

          A Reuters reporter saw what looked like a swastika drawn on the wall. Muslim residents said it had offended them because it looked like a cross.

          "I saw the kids drawing on the wall after afternoon prayers so I grabbed them and told them to remove what they'd just written," said Mahmoud Mahmoud al-Alfi, a Muslim resident.

          Then another man arrived and started beating the children, drawing a large crowd, he said. The situation escalated when someone drew a gun and fired into the air, killing one boy with a stray bullet.

          "Suddenly the area was full of weapons," Alfi said, while weeping Muslim women sat nearby in front of a house, showing pictures of a man they said had been killed during the clashes.

          The president's office expressed condolences to the victims and vowed to fight any sectarian violence.

          "The presidency ... totally rejects any attempt against the unity and cohesiveness of Egyptian society and will decisively confront any attempt to spark sectarian strife among Egyptian people, Muslim and Christian," according to a statement.

          Muslim leaders were also quick to condemn the sectarian violence which comes as Egypt struggles with a severe economic crisis and high inflation after two years of political upheaval.

          Grand Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb, of Egypt's leading Islamic authority Al-Azhar, urged measures to prevent the situation from escalating and to "preserve the national character which characterises the Egyptian people, Muslims and Christians," MENA said.

          "The sectarian riots which happened in El Khusus are unacceptable and grave," Saad al-Katatni, the head of the Muslim Brotherhood political party, said on his Facebook website. "There are some who want to set Egypt ablaze and create crises."

          President Mohamed Mursi, a Brotherhood leader elected in June, has promised to protect the rights of Copts, who make up about 10 percent of Egypt's 84 million people.

          Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 91在线精品麻豆欧美在线| 久久99国产精品久久99软件| 国产精品中文字幕自拍| 妺妺窝人体色www看人体| 日本不卡码一区二区三区| 俺来也俺去啦最新在线| 色欲狠狠躁天天躁无码中文字幕| 五月天天天综合精品无码| 国精产品一二三区精华液| 性色av不卡一区二区三区| 欧美人与动牲交A免费观看| 蜜芽久久人人超碰爱香蕉| 最新国产精品好看的精品| 重口SM一区二区三区视频| 国产亚洲精品中文字幕| 亚洲精品二区在线观看| 精品国产一区二区三区蜜臀| 农村老熟妇乱子伦视频| 国产精品久久久久久福利69堂| 丰满的女邻居2| 无码一区二区三区久久精品| 99久9在线视频 | 传媒| 东京热av无码电影一区二区| 国产稚嫩高中生呻吟激情在线视频| 国产深夜福利在线观看网站| 国内精品久久久久影院网站| 精品人妻码一区二区三区| 精品亚洲男人一区二区三区| 精品无码久久久久国产电影| 无人区码一码二码三码区| 人妻少妇精品无码专区二区| 色8久久人人97超碰香蕉987| 久久精品一区二区东京热| 亚洲欧美另类久久久精品播放的| 九九九精品成人免费视频小说| 中文一区二区视频| 成人爽A毛片在线视频淮北| 天堂√在线中文官网在线| 四虎成人精品永久网站| 国产成人综合久久二区| 国产在线一区二区在线视频|