<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / Middle East

          Israeli jets strike Gaza at start of Muslim holiday

          By Associated Press in Jerusalem (China Daily) Updated: 2014-07-29 06:52

          Attacks come after 12-hour pause in fighting; UN seeks immediate truce

          Israeli jets struck three sites in Gaza on Monday after a rocket was launched at Israel, the military said, disrupting a relative lull in the war-torn territory at the start of a major Muslim holiday.

          The strikes followed a 12-hour pause in fighting and came as international efforts intensified to end the three-week conflict between Israel and Hamas. The UN called for an "immediate" cease-fire.

           Israeli jets strike Gaza at start of Muslim holiday

          A man guides a girl in prayer at the grave of a family member in a cemetery in Gaza on Monday, which marks the beginning of the three-day Eid al-Fitr holiday that caps the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. Lefteris Pitarakis / Associated Press

          Israel's military said it struck two rocket launchers and a rocket manufacturing facility in central and northern Gaza after a rocket hit southern Israel earlier in the day. The rocket caused no damage or injuries.

          Earlier, the Israeli military said it had not carried out any attacks in Gaza since 9:30 pm on Sunday but that troops on the ground were pressing on with efforts to destroy the cross-border tunnels constructed by Hamas for attacks inside Israel.

          Also, the Israeli military opened artillery fire on Beit Lahiya in northern Gaza in response to the rocket fired at Ashkelon, said the office of Israel's military spokesman. "Quiet will be met with quiet," the office statement said.

          As Muslims began celebrating the Eid al-Fitr holiday on Monday that marks the end of the fasting month of Ramadan, there was fear and mourning instead of holiday cheer in the Gaza Strip.

          Palestinian families huddled inside their homes, fearing more airstrikes, while those who came to a cemetery in Gaza City's Sheik Radwan neighborhood to pay traditional respects at their ancestors' graves gathered around a large crater from an airstrike a week ago that had broken up several graves.

          Emergency meeting

          In New York, an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council called for "an immediate and unconditional humanitarian cease-fire".

          And while it was the council's strongest statement yet on the conflict that has already killed 1,030 Palestinians, 43 Israeli soldiers and three civilians on the Israeli side, it was not a resolution and therefore not binding.

          Palestine's representative to the UN Riyad Mansour did not hide his disappointment. He said the council should have adopted a strong and legally binding resolution a long time ago demanding an immediate halt to Israel's "aggression", providing the Palestinian people with protection and lifting the siege in the Gaza Strip so goods and people can move freely.

          "You cannot keep 1.8 million Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip in this huge prison," Mansour told reporters. "That is a recipe for disaster. It is inhumane, and it has to be stopped and it has to be lifted."

          Israeli UN Ambassador Ron Prosor also criticized the statement - though from a very different perspective - saying it lacked balance because it didn't mention Hamas, the firing of rockets into Israel or Israel's right to defend itself.

          Israel said it started its Gaza operation on July 8 to stop the rocket fire from the coastal territory and intensified it on July 17 to neutralize Hamas cross-border tunnels built to carry out attacks on Israeli territory.

          The pressure for a cease-fire followed new attacks launched by Israel and Hamas on Sunday despite the back-and-forth over proposals for another temporary halt to the fighting.

          (China Daily 07/29/2014 page12)

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 又爽又黄又无遮挡网站| 国产精品熟女一区二区三区| 日韩国产精品中文字幕| 男女性高爱潮免费网站| 亚洲综合av永久无码精品一区二区| 国产精品中文字幕日韩| 无码一区中文字幕| 亚洲伊人不卡av在线| 在线免费播放亚洲自拍网| 不卡高清AV手机在线观看| 成人午夜天| 成人啪精品视频网站午夜| 一区二区三区鲁丝不卡| 人妻激情一区二区三区四区| 日韩国产成人精品视频| 视频在线只有精品日韩| 成人精品日韩专区在线观看| 国产AV大陆精品一区二区三区| 中文字幕精品无码一区二区| 欧美日本在线| 九九热精彩视频在线免费| 婷婷综合久久中文字幕| 日本熟妇色一本在线观看| 人人做人人妻人人精| 亚洲成aⅴ人在线观看| 国产精品天干天干在线观看澳门| 中文字幕国产精品综合| 国产SM重味一区二区三区| 国产91精选在线观看| 大地资源免费视频观看| 在线免费观看| 日韩美女一区二区三区视频| 国产乱色国产精品免费视频 | 国产精品国产三级国快看| 无遮高潮国产免费观看韩国| 东京热人妻丝袜无码AV一二三区观| 色婷婷亚洲婷婷7月| 丰满人妻无码∧v区视频 | 国产一级二级三级毛片| 四虎影视永久无码精品| 亚洲中文永久在线不卡|