<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / Asia-Pacific

          UN-backed tribunal holds initial hearing

          By Agencies in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (China Daily) Updated: 2014-07-31 06:58

          The United Nations war crimes tribunal conducted an initial hearing on Wednesday in the latest case against two ailing former senior leaders of Democratic Kampuchea, also known as the Khmer Rouge regime, on charges of genocide.

          Nuon Chea, 88, also known as "Brother Number 2", the chief ideologue of the former Communist Party of Kampuchea, and Khieu Samphan, 83, Democratic Kampuchea's former head of state, are among the few surviving senior leaders who were responsible for the deaths of an estimated 1.7 million people from starvation, overwork, torture, execution, and massacre from 1975 to 1979.

          It is the second case for the two defendants, who have already been tried for alleged crimes against humanity related to the forced movement of the population from Phnom Penh in April 1975 and the alleged execution of Khmer Republic soldiers, according to a statement from the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia.

           UN-backed tribunal holds initial hearing

          Former Democratic Kampuchea head of state Khieu Samphan at the UN-backed Extraordinary Chamber in the Courts of Cambodia in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, on Wednesday. AFP

          The verdict in the first case will be pronounced on Aug 7. If found guilty in the first case, the two accused men could be sentenced to life in jail.

          "The new trial brings additional charges of genocide of Muslim Cham and Vietnamese ethnic minorities, forced marriages and rape, mistreatment of Buddhists, and internal purges," Nil Nonn, the court's president, said during the initial hearing.

          During the hearing, lawyers and judges will focus on which witnesses, civil parties, and experts will be called, the issue of proposals for civil party reparations to victims, and procedural legal objections, he said.

          Khieu Samphan appeared in the courtroom during the initial hearing while Nuon Chea followed the proceedings by watching a video link from a holding cell due to his poor health.

          Launched in 2006, the UN-backed tribunal is seeking justice for the victims of the Khmer Rouge regime from 1975 to 1979.

          In its historic debut trial, the court in 2010 sentenced former Tuol Sleng prison chief Kaing Guek Eav to 30 years in prison - later increased to life on appeal - for overseeing the deaths of 15,000 people.

          Former Democratic Kampuchea foreign minister Ieng Sary died last year aged 87 while on trial, while his wife Ieng Thirith, the former social affairs minister of Democratic Kampuchea, was freed from jail in September 2012 after being ruled unfit for trial due to failing mental health.

          (China Daily 07/31/2014 page11)

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩精品国产另类专区| 欧洲尺码日本尺码专线美国又| 中文一区二区视频| 亚洲精品日本一区二区| 久久一日本综合色鬼综合色| 久久久噜噜噜久久久精品| 精品国产三级a∨在线欧美| 亚洲精品国产综合久久一线| 久久99国产精品尤物| 国产播放91色在线观看| 国产蜜臀视频一区二区三区| 男女性杂交内射女bbwxz| 亚洲另类丝袜综合网| 黑人巨大av无码专区| 亚洲国产成人无码av在线影院| 美女自卫慰黄网站| 免费网站看V片在线毛| 久久96热在精品国产高清| 国产国语毛片在线看国产| 国产三级国产精品国产专| 国产99视频精品免费专区| 亚洲成人av在线资源| 大伊香蕉在线精品视频75| 波多野结衣久久一区二区| 日韩一区二区超清视频| 日本二区三区视频免费观看 | 国产成人户外露出视频在线| 免费观看在线视频一区| 国内精品伊人久久久久av| 久久精品人妻少妇一区二| 最新国产精品中文字幕| 欧美一级高清片久久99| 亚洲午夜无码av毛片久久| 国产精品国产三级国产午| 日韩中文字幕人妻精品| 国产真人无码作爱视频免费| 久久夜色精品国产爽爽| 亚洲精品国产av天美传媒| 黄色舔女人逼一区二区三区| 少妇粗大进出白浆嘿嘿视频| 国产成人精品亚洲午夜|