<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          Opinion / Op-Ed Contributors

          Gloomy forecast for Afghanistan's future

          By Wang Hui (China Daily) Updated: 2012-04-23 07:55

          Negative developments in Afghanistan during the past week have painted a gloomy picture of the central Asian country's security outlook, once again demonstrating that the more the United States and its allies try to pull themselves out of the quagmire in Afghanistan, the deeper they find themselves mired in the war against the Taliban.

          On April 15, the Afghan Taliban launched a series of attacks in Kabul, the biggest in a decade. Government and military targets in three neighboring provinces also came under attack. According to Afghan Interior Minister Bismillah Mohammadi, a total of 47 people were killed and some 65 wounded in Kabul.

          The Taliban's spring offensive has revived concerns that after 10 years the US-led NATO forces have yet to deal a fatal blow to the terrorist group. The attacks are ready proof that theTaliban still possesses the capability to strike unexpectedly and bring heavy losses to the Afghan people.

          The Taliban was able to infiltrate fighters and arms into the supposedly secure Kabul, without either the Afghan government or the US-led NATO forces learning about the attacks before hand. The show of force by the Taliban, which heralds the beginning of the spring fighting season, has also raised concerns about the readiness of the Afghan National Army and police to assume responsibility for national security after NATO's withdrawal at the end of 2014.

          It seems doubtful that the US and NATO forces will be able to weaken the combat capability of the Taliban before they hand over security responsibilities to Afghan forces, and whether they do or not they will still leave a big mess in Afghanistan after they withdraw their troops.

          This gloomy outlook was darkened still further when the US forces in Afghanistan were hit by another scandal last week. The Los Angeles Times on Wednesday published photos depicting several soldiers from the 82nd Airborne Division posing with the remains of Afghan suicide bombers. The anonymous US serviceman who provided the newspaper with the photos said he wanted to highlight "the breakdown in leadership and discipline" that had created a security risk for troops serving in the country.

          In a statement released by the Pentagon soon after, US Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta strongly rejected the misconduct and said that "anyone found responsible for this inhuman conduct will be held accountable" in accordance with the US military justice system.

          This is not the first time misconduct by US soldiers in Afghanistan has been exposed. Last month, Sergeant Robert Bales was accused of killing 16 civilians, including women and children, in the southern Afghan province of Kandahar. The two countries are still reeling from the murders, which have been regarded as one of the worst atrocities committed by US soldiers during the Afghan war. The killings followed reports earlier this year of US soldiers burning the Quran, and a video purportedly showing US marines urinating on corpses of Taliban militants.

          The scandals have further eroded the US' image in Afghanistan and driven its popularity to the lowest ebb for years. If the US cannot rein in the behavior of its forces, the increasing anger of the Afghan people alone will make it more difficult to forge effective security cooperation with the Afghan government in the lead up to withdrawal by the end of 2014.

          After last month's shooting rampage, the Afghan Taliban has halted its peace negotiations with the US, leaving the allied forces no choice but to resort to more intensive military actions against the terrorist group.

          In a final analysis, by launching incessant attacks in Afghan, the Taliban intends to destabilize the security situation in the country, shake the confidence of the Afghan government and the West and put them under its continuous military pressure. Its ultimate goal is to overthrow the Afghan government, drive away foreign forces and regain control in the central Asian country.

          The US must be fully aware of the formidable situation in Afghanistan, readjust its strategy and do more to restore its image among the Afghan people.

          The author is a writer with China Daily. E-mail: wanghui@chinadaily.com.cn

          (China Daily 04/23/2012 page18)

          Most Viewed Today's Top News
          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本一区二区三区东京热| 加勒比无码人妻东京热 | 亚洲精品欧美综合二区| 国产亚洲精品久久久久久床戏| 国产精品综合一区二区三区 | 亚洲中文字幕精品无人区| 伊人久久精品无码麻豆一区| 国产一级片内射在线视频| 牛鞭伸入女人下身的真视频| 亚洲激情av一区二区三区| 国产亚洲av手机在线观看| 精品少妇人妻av无码专区| 国产免费午夜福利757| 国产xxxxx在线观看免费| 一本色道久久—综合亚洲| 国产精品久久久久久无毒不卡| 国产成人cao在线| 国产精品自偷一区在线观看| 精品国产肉丝袜在线拍国语| 在线观看无码一区二区台湾| 综合色一色综合久久网| 97久久综合区小说区图片区| 中文字幕国产精品资源| 亚洲成av人在线播放无码| 午夜久久一区二区狠狠干| 欧美成人精品 一区二区三区| 亚洲欧洲日产国码久在线| 一区二区和激情视频| 国产高清-国产av| 亚洲综合久久精品哦夜夜嗨| 91人妻熟妇在线视频| 国产精品久久久国产盗摄| 亚洲乱码中文字幕小综合| 91网址在线播放| 欧美伦费免费全部午夜最新| 少妇做爰免费视频网站| 国产视频不卡一区二区三区| 骚虎视频在线观看| 激情啪啪啪一区二区三区| 日日摸夜夜添狠狠添欧美| 国产精品人成视频免费国产|