<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
             

          Former aide blames Bush for leak deceit

          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2007-11-21 09:31

          Washington -- Former White House press secretary Scott McClellan blames US President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney for efforts to mislead the public about the role of White House aides in leaking the identity of a CIA operative.


          In this Friday, May 5, 2006, file photo, White House press secretary Scott McClellan smiles after finishing his last news briefing. [Agencies]

          In an excerpt from his forthcoming book, McClellan recounts the 2003 news conference in which he told reporters that aides Karl Rove and I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby were "not involved" in the leak involving operative Valerie Plame.

          "There was one problem. It was not true," McClellan writes, according to a brief excerpt released Tuesday. "I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest-ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice president, the president's chief of staff and the president himself."

          Bush's chief of staff at the time was Andrew Card.

          The excerpt, posted on the website of publisher PublicAffairs, renews questions about what went on in the West Wing and how much Bush and Cheney knew about the leak. For years, it was McClellan's job to field -- and often duck -- those types of questions.

          Now that he's spurring them, answers are equally hard to come by.

          White House press secretary Dana Perino said it wasn't clear what McClellan meant in the excerpt. "The president has not and would not ask his spokespeople to pass on false information," she said.

          McClellan turned down interview requests Tuesday.

          Plame maintains the White House quietly outed her to reporters. Plame and her husband, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, said the leak was retribution for his public criticism of the Iraq war. The accusation dogged the administration and made Plame a cause celebre among many Democrats.

          McClellan's book, "What Happened," isn't due out until April, and the excerpt released Monday was merely a teaser. It doesn't get into detail about how Bush and Cheney were involved or reveal what happened behind the scenes.

          In the fall of 2003, after authorities began investigating the leak, McClellan told reporters that he'd personally spoken to Rove, who was Bush's top political adviser, and Libby, who was Cheney's chief of staff.

          "They're good individuals, they're important members of our White House team, and that's why I spoke with them, so that I could come back to you and say that they were not involved," McClellan said at the time.

          Both men, however, were involved. Rove was one of the original sources for the newspaper column that identified Plame. Libby also spoke to reporters about the CIA officer and was convicted of lying about those discussions. He is the only person to be charged in the case.

          Since that news conference, however, the official White House stance has shifted and it has been difficult to get a clear picture of what happened behind closed doors around the time of the leak.

          McClellan's flat denials gave way to a steady drumbeat of "no comment." And Bush's original pledge to fire anyone involved in the leak became a promise to fire anyone who "committed a crime."

          In a CNN interview earlier this year, McClellan made no suggestion that Bush knew either Libby or Rove was involved in the leak. McClellan said his statements to reporters were what he and the president "believed to be true at the time based on assurances that we were both given."

          Bush most recently addressed the issue in July after commuting Libby's 30-month prison term. He acknowledged that some in the White House were involved in the leak. Then, after repeatedly declining to discuss the ongoing investigation, he said the case was closed and it was time to move on.



          Top World News  
          Today's Top News  
          Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
          主站蜘蛛池模板: bt天堂新版中文在线| 亚洲女同精品中文字幕| 俄罗斯少妇性XXXX另类| 欧美日韩国产图片区一区| 亚洲av无码久久精品色欲| 亚洲精品在线+在线播放| 亚洲中文永久在线不卡| 国产99视频精品免费观看9| 亚洲无人区一码二码三码| 亚洲国产精品热久久一区| 岛国岛国免费v片在线观看| 成人无码午夜在线观看| 亚洲欧美日韩精品久久亚洲区色播| 久久精品国产久精国产果冻传媒 | 激情文学一区二区国产区| 国产高清在线精品一区不卡| 国产稚嫩高中生呻吟激情在线视频| 亚洲成年轻人电影网站WWW| 亚洲欧美中文日韩V日本| 久久久久99精品成人片欧美| 黄色A级国产免费大片视频| 亚洲区1区3区4区中文字幕码| 亚洲色av天天天天天天| 亚洲精品色哟哟一区二区| 欧美老熟妇乱子伦牲交视频| 99久久亚洲综合精品成人| 亚洲va精品中文字幕| 国产又爽又黄又爽又刺激| 成人aⅴ综合视频国产| 日韩av中文字幕有码| 丝袜人妖av在线一区二区| 18禁黄无遮挡网站免费| 精品国产自在在线午夜精品| av无码一区二区大桥久未| 国产三级精品三级在线看| 国产在线午夜不卡精品影院| 国产人妻精品午夜福利免费| 妺妺窝人体色www看人体| 熟女av一区二区三区| 国产色无码专区在线观看| 日韩一本不卡一区二区三区|