<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Middle East
          Iran detains local British embassy staff
          (China Daily)
          Updated: 2009-06-29 08:53

          TEHERAN: Iranian authorities have detained several local employees of the British Embassy in Iran, a move that Britain's foreign secretary Sunday called "harassment and intimidation" and reflected a hardening of Teheran's stance toward the West.

          Iranian media said eight local embassy staff were detained for an alleged role in post-election protests, but gave no further details. British Foreign Secretary David Miliband said "about nine" employees were detained on Saturday and that some had been released.

          Iran detains local British embassy staff

          The detentions signaled a further toughening of Iran's dealings with the West, which has become increasingly vocal in its condemnation of a crackdown on opposition supporters.

          Opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi has alleged massive fraud in the June 12 presidential election and says he is the rightful winner, not President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

          Iran has accused the West of stoking unrest, singling out Britain and the US for alleged meddling. Last week, Iran expelled two British diplomats, and Britain responded in kind. Iran has also said it's considering downgrading diplomatic ties with Britain.

          Sunday, the semiofficial Fars news agency reported that the embassy staffers were detained for what was described as a "significant role" in post-election unrest.

          Related readings:
           Iran leader criticizes Western 'meddling'
           Iran's Expediency Council stresses legal means for settling vote disputes
           Iran's president lashes out at Obama
           Iran not to give in to pressures: Supreme Leader

           Obama condemns violence against Iran protesters

          The British Foreign Office says the Teheran embassy has a staff of more than 100, including at least 70 locally hired Iranians.

          Miliband, who is on the Greek island of Corfu for a foreign ministers' meeting, said Britain has lodged a protest with the Iranian authorities over the detentions. He described the step as "harassment and intimidation of a kind that is quite unacceptable."

          "The idea that the British Embassy is somehow behind the demonstrations and protests that have been taking place in Teheran. ... is wholly without foundation," he said. The foreign minister said it would be an important point of discussion with his EU colleagues.

          In London, a Foreign Office spokeswoman, speaking on customary condition of anonymity, said any further harassment of British Embassy employees would be met with "a strong and united EU response."

          Iran's government has claimed that opposition supporters have been directed by the West.

          On Friday, a senior Iranian cleric, Ahmed Khatami, lashed out at Britain in a nationally televised sermon. "In this unrest, Britons have behaved very mischievously and it is fair to add the slogan of 'down with England' to the slogan of 'down with USA,'" he said.

          Colonial power

          Britain, a colonial power in the region with a long history in Iran, has been a prominent target. Britain and the US were behind the 1953 coup that toppled Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh, who nationalized Iran's oil industry. Britain had almost complete control over Iran's oil industry for decades.

          The British have also drawn fire because of the BBC's prominent role as a trusted broadcaster in Farsi inside Iran.

          This is a reversal from the way the state and publicly funded BBC was perceived in the leadup to the Iranian Islamic Revolution. At the time, the BBC was widely listened to because it extensively covered anti-Shah demonstrations and activities of the Islamic Republic's founder, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeinry rhetoric. The confrontation appears to be dashing hopes for a new dialogue, as initially envisioned by President Barack Obama when he took office.

          Obama wants to engage Iranian leaders in talks over the country's suspect nuclear program which the US and other Western countries worry is aimed at developing nuclear weapons. Iran defends its nuclear program as civilian in nature. Sunday, EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana said the 27-nation bloc would "like very much" to restart nuclear talks with Teheran despite the rising tensions.

          Iran's top electoral body, the 12-member Guardian Council, has proposed recounting 10 percent of the votes. On Friday, the council offered to bring in six more political figures to oversee a partial recount, presumably to give the effort greater legitimacy in the eyes of the challengers.

          However, Mousavi reiterated his demand for nullification as "the most suitable solution to restore public confidence." He called for independent arbiters to settle the dispute.

          Another defeated candidate, Mahdi Karroubi, also expressed doubt that a fair review is possible.

          AP

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产av永久精品成人| 国产果冻豆传媒麻婆精东| 国产一区二区三区av在线无码观看 | 国产精品揄拍一区二区久久| 熟妇人妻av中文字幕老熟妇| 九九热精彩视频在线免费| 无码一区二区三区中文字幕 | 日本理伦片午夜理伦片| 国产一区二区三区av在线无码观看 | 三年片大全| 激情亚洲专区一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精品成人av网| 国内免费视频成人精品| 在线视频中文字幕二区| 美女一区二区三区亚洲麻豆| 国产美女MM131爽爽爽| 免费一级毛片在级播放| 被拉到野外强要好爽| 成人亚洲精品久久久久| 中文字幕在线精品人妻| 老司机导航亚洲精品导航| 亚洲国产一区二区三区亚瑟| 毛片一区二区在线看| 亚洲午夜久久久影院伊人| 特级精品毛片免费观看| 强d乱码中文字幕熟女1000部| 久久一日本道色综合久久| 国产精品亚洲成在人线| 国产不卡av一区二区| 日本午夜精品一区二区| 亚洲春色在线视频| 久久精品国产亚洲av久| 亚洲 日本 欧洲 欧美 视频| 天堂最新版在线| 免费A级毛片樱桃视频| 福利写真视频一区二区| 亚洲国产精品国自拍av| 吾爱夜趣福利在线导航观看| 日韩无人区码卡1卡2卡| 人妻在线中文字幕| 国产无遮挡猛进猛出免费|