<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Middle East
          Iran: No downgrade of diplomatic ties with Britain
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-06-29 15:36

          Iran dismissed the idea of downgrading diplomatic relations with Britain on Monday despite soaring tensions between the two countries after Iranian authorities detained local British Embassy employees for allegedly stirring up post-election unrest.

          Britain has angrily denied that any Iranian staff at its embassy in Tehran have been involved in opposition challenges to the regime. On Sunday, the European Union condemned the detentions as "harassment and intimidation" and demanded the immediate release of those still in custody.

          Iran has accused the West of stoking unrest, singling out Britain and the United States. Both countries have expressed concern about the ferocity of the regime's crackdown on supporters of opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi, who claims he was robbed of victory in a June 12 presidential election through massive and widespread vote fraud.

          Iranian officials had said they were considering downgrading ties with Britain, which expelled two Iranian diplomats last week - a retaliatory move after Iran ousted two British envoys.

          But in a press conference broadcast on state television Monday, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hassan Qashqavi said: "Reduction of diplomatic ties is not on our agenda for any country, including Britain."

          Qashqavi said Iranian officials have been in written and verbal contact with British Foreign Secretary David Miliband, and that he has assured Tehran that Britain would not interfere in Iranian affairs. He said nine embassy employees were arrested and five later released, and that the four still in custody were under interrogation.

          Iran: No downgrade of diplomatic ties with Britain

          Britain's Foreign Minister David Miliband looks on ahead of a European Union Foreign Ministers meeting on Iran in Corfu June 28, 2009. Britain on Sunday demanded the release of Iranian employees of the British embassy in Tehran and denied that the mission had been involved in any post-election unrest. [Agencies] Iran: No downgrade of diplomatic ties with Britain

          The escalating diplomatic dispute came as riot police clashed with up to 3,000 protesters - some chanting: "Where is my vote?" - near the Ghoba Mosque in north Tehran on Sunday. It was Iran's first major post-election unrest in four days.

          Witnesses told The Associated Press that police used tear gas and clubs to break up the crowd, and said some demonstrators suffered broken bones. They alleged that security forces beat an elderly woman, prompting a screaming match with young demonstrators who then fought back.

          The reports could not be independently verified because of tight restrictions imposed on journalists in Iran.

          North Tehran is a base of support for Mousavi, who insists he - not President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - won the disputed election.

          Witnesses who spoke with the AP said they did not spot Mousavi at Sunday's rally. But one of his close assistants addressed the crowd through a loudspeaker and other opposition figures also appeared, including reformist presidential candidate Mahdi Karroubi.

          Sunday's clashes erupted at a rally that had been planned to coincide with a memorial held each year for Ayatollah Mohammad Beheshti, who came to be considered a martyr in the Islamic Republic after he was killed in a major anti-regime bombing in 1981.

          Iranian authorities say 17 protesters and eight members of the volunteer Basij militia have been killed in two weeks of unrest, and that hundreds of people have been arrested.

          The Paris-based International Federation of Human Rights said its information suggests at least 2,000 arrests have been made - "not just (people) arrested and later released, but who are locked up in prison," the group's vice president, Abdol Karim Lahidji, told the AP.

          He said his information came from members of human rights groups in Iran and other contacts inside the country.

          Miliband dismissed the allegations that embassy staff were involved in protests as "wholly without foundation."

          Related readings:
          Iran: No downgrade of diplomatic ties with Britain Iran: British embassy detainees stirred unrest
          Iran: No downgrade of diplomatic ties with Britain Iran detains local British embassy staff
          Iran: No downgrade of diplomatic ties with Britain Iran leader criticizes Western 'meddling'
          Iran: No downgrade of diplomatic ties with Britain Iran's Expediency Council stresses legal means for settling vote disputes
          Iran: No downgrade of diplomatic ties with Britain Iran's president lashes out at Obama

          But Iranian Intelligence Minister Gholam Hossein Mohseini Ejehi insisted in an interview with state television broadcast late Sunday that he has videotape proof showing that some "were distinctly present at the scene of clashes" and mingled with the crowds to encourage unrest.

          Ejehi said the fate of those who remain in custody now rests with Iran's judiciary, which is tightly controlled by supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

          Iran's escalating standoff with the West complicated President Barack Obama's hopes of engaging the regime in dialogue over its nuclear program. Iran insists its program is peaceful and geared solely toward generating electricity; the US and its allies contend that Tehran is covertly trying to build a nuclear weapon.

          US officials said Sunday that the administration remains open to discussions on Iran's nuclear ambitions despite questions about the legitimacy of Ahmadinejad.

          "It's in the United States' national interest to make sure that we have employed all elements at our disposal, including diplomacy, to prevent Iran from achieving that nuclear capacity," Susan Rice, the US ambassador to the United Nations, said on CBS' "Face the Nation."

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲人成人网站色www| 天天拍夜夜添久久精品大| 久久亚洲欧美日本精品| 国产AV巨作丝袜秘书| 国产成人一区二区三区久久精品| 国产大学生自拍三级视频| 中文字幕精品av一区二区五区| 欧美成人精品三级网站| 粉嫩在线一区二区三区视频| 亚洲av日韩av一区久久| 色五开心五月五月深深爱| 亚洲国产精品高清线久久| 中文字幕在线日韩| 午夜高清国产拍精品福利| 日本免费人成视频在线观看| 国产亚洲人成网站在线观看| 欧美熟妇乱子伦XX视频| 中文字幕av一区二区| 毛片av在线尤物一区二区| 边吻奶边挵进去gif动态图| 四虎永久免费精品视频| 亚洲午夜香蕉久久精品| 黄男女激情一区二区三区| 性欧美暴力猛交69hd| 国产福利精品一区二区| 99人体免费视频| 国产黄色精品高潮播放| 亚洲精品免费一二三区| 99精品国产一区二区三区| 狠狠综合久久av一区二| 亚洲国产成人久久精品APP| 国产免费午夜福利757| 国产精品线在线精品国语| 国产区成人精品视频| 他掀开裙子把舌头伸进去添视频| 成人白浆一区二区三区在线观看| 人妻少妇看a片偷人精品视频| 亚洲国产精品第一区二区| 精品久久国产字幕高潮| 久久久精品94久久精品| 国产999久久高清免费观看|